Terms and Conditions
1. Who are we?
CAPITAINE TRAIN SAS operates under the name Trainline, a simplified joint-stock company with a share capital of 118,513.94 euros, whose registered office is situated in Paris (75009) – 20 rue Saint-Georges. The company is identified in the Trade and Companies Register of Paris under the number 512 277 450, intra-community VAT number FR58512277450 (hereinafter referred to as “Trainline Europe” or “We”, “Our”, “Us”).
- Registration Atout France 79-81, rue de Clichy, 75009 Paris IM078100022,
- Financial guarantee Atradius Crédit Insurance NV situated at 44 avenue Georges Pompidou – 92300 Levallois Perret CEDEX,
- Civil liability insurance MMA IARD situated at 14 boulevard Marie et Alexandre Oyon – 72030 Le Mans
You can contact our customer service department by clicking on the following link – www.trainline.eu/support
Through the website www.trainline.eu (hereinafter referred to as “the Website”) and iOS Application and Android Application mobile applications (hereinafter referred to as “the Mobile Applications”), Trainline Europe allows You to consult timetables and ticket prices for a selected journey and book tickets directly on the Website and Mobile Applications (hereinafter referred to as “the Booking Service”). Trainline only acts as an official agent on behalf of the operators listed in this document. Trainline does not provide the transportation services and is only responsible for the provision of the Booking Service to the extent provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
This Booking Service is offered to all persons, natural or legal, with legal capacity, power, or holding parental authorisation allowing them to make an order on the Website and on the Mobile Applications (hereinafter referred to as “the Customer”, “the User”, “You” or “Your”).
You accept the use of email messaging for the transmission of information that You request concerning the conclusion or execution of the contract with Trainline Europe.
2. Our Operators
2.1. Booking with Trainline Europe
Journeys booked on the Website and on the Mobile Applications are exclusively provided by several rail or road operators (hereinafter referred to as “the Operators”) and Trainline Europe sells tickets for such journeys through this Booking Service (hereinafter referred to as the “Tickets”).
Tickets sold by the Operators are the only Tickets sold through the Booking Service. Journeys offered by other operators will not appear in Your search results.
You are informed that Tickets acquired through the Booking Service are subject to the terms and conditions of the respective Operators. You can view those during the order stage and before You make a payment.
2.2. Booking via third-party services
On Our result pages, we may offer a direct link toward the booking pages of third-party providers where You can buy the appropriate tickets and make reservations. All contracts relating to the travel products booked on those third-party providers’ websites are concluded between You and the relevant provider and only their terms and conditions apply. Cancellations or change requests for such bookings must be conducted directly with those third-party providers.
3. How the booking service works
The Booking Service aims to provide You with information on Tickets offered by the Operators and to allow You to book these same Tickets. This information is provided free of charge to You.
3.1. The Customer
You may choose to create a personal account (hereinafter referred to as “the Account”) in order to use the Booking Service but You may also use the Booking Service as a visitor.
Trainline Europe reserves the right to refuse the creation of an Account or access to the Booking Service for any legitimate reason.
When registering Your personal information when Your Account is created, You must ensure that the mandatory information provided is correct and complete and is regularly updated. In the event that the authentication process is delegated to external service providers (notably Facebook), You must ensure that the information is correct after the Account has been automatically created.
When Your Account is created, You will provide a personal password. You are thus solely and fully responsible for the use of this password and undertakes to keep it private. If the password is lost or stolen, You are liable to Trainline Europe for any damageable consequence of this loss or theft and You must contact Trainline Europe as soon as possible. In the event that the authentication process is delegated to external service providers (notably Facebook), the identifiers chosen with these service providers will be used to identify You.
Save for the use of the Trainline for Business service, You declare that You use the Booking Service for strictly personal and non-commercial use and only for Your own needs or for another person (natural or legal) in the name and on behalf of whom You have the power to act. You also declare that You are the holder of or You have the power to use the means of payment or bank details used for payment of the order made on the Website and Mobile Applications or all amounts You owe to Trainline Europe.
Any automated use (scripts, robots, etc.) of the Website and Mobile Applications is prohibited and may lead to the Account being suspended. You must ensure that the email address provided to Trainline Europe is correct and that Our emails are not stopped by Your internet service provider or redirected in Your spam folder.
3.2. The Passengers
You can book Tickets for a group of people (hereinafter referred to as the “Passengers” and individually as the “Passenger”). If You have an Account, You may add as many Passengers to this profile as desired. You are responsible for the respective personal information of each Passenger provided and You must ensure that You have the Passengers’ consents to use this information. Since this information is necessary for the issuing of the Tickets by the Operators, Trainline Europe shall not be held responsible for the issuing of a Ticket containing false information if such information has been provided by You.
Trainline Europe recalls that loyalty and discount cards are generally strictly personal and must therefore be completed for the correct Passengers. Details of the rules can be found in the Operators’ terms and conditions.
3.3. Description of the booking flow process:
If You have an Account, the booking process for your tickets takes place in a few quick steps:
- You will first need to provide the necessary information for Your journey: You can enter your departure and arrival stations, select (or add) the Passengers that will be travelling, and choose your travel dates.
- You will then be shown the result of your ticket search, which will display all available departures. From there, You can choose whichever departure suits you best. Depending on the rail operator, You are able to pick Your travel class, indicate Your seating preferences and select additional options (if available), such as additional luggage, a meal on board or a bike space reservation. Once You have done this, You can click on the button” Add to basket” and from there You will either repeat the same process for Your return ticket or be directed to Your basket, in case of a one-way journey. The ticket is then stored in your basket up until the time indicated; this means the price and seats are guaranteed up until the indicated expiration date (more information about Deutsche Bahn and bus tickets in paragraph 3.3).
- You can then proceed to payment by clicking on the “Pay” button from Your basket.
- After this, You will be able to select Your preferred payment method and enter Your payment details (if required), then accept the terms and conditions of Trainline Europe and of the Operators. You can then finalise Your payment by clicking on “Pay”. Depending on Your exact payment method, You may be required to complete a 3D Secure verification for Your payment and enter a predetermined password or a SMS code sent to You by Your bank.
- You will then be shown a confirmation of Your payment being successful and, if applicable, have the option to save Your card to Your account for future use. Once You click on “Ok”, You will be redirected to the ”Tickets” section of Your Account, which details the itinerary of Your journey and also allows You to download Your Ticket (if it is an e-ticket). You will also be able to view any other upcoming journeys or previous ones that have already taken place.
If You are booking Your Tickets without an Account, as a visitor, Your booking will take place in the following way:
- You will need to enter all of the necessary details for Your Ticket search: the departure and arrival station, travel dates and provide the details of each passenger (age and if applicable, their loyalty or subscription rail cards).
- You will then be shown the result of Your Ticket search, which will display all available departures. You can choose whichever departure suits You best. Depending on the rail operator, You are able to pick Your travel class, indicate Your seating preferences and select additional options (if available), such as additional luggage, meals on board or a bike space
- Once You have done this, You can click on the button” Add to basket” and from there You will either repeat the same process for Your return Ticket or in case of a one-way journey, be directed to a new page to enter all of the required information for each passenger. You’ll be able to provide the primary email address for You to receive Your Tickets and booking confirmation, once payment has been made. You can then click on “Book” and You’ll be shown a confirmation and summary of Your booking. Additionally, the Ticket is saved up until the time indicated and after this will expire and be automatically deleted (more information about Deutsche Bahn and bus tickets in paragraph 3.3).
- If You wish to proceed with Your reservation, You can continue to payment by clicking on the “Pay” button. A new window will appear, which will allow You to chose Your preferred payment method and enter any further details (if required). You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions of Trainline Europe and of the Operators. You can then finalise Your payment by clicking on “Pay”. Depending on Your exact payment method, You may be required to complete a 3D Secure verification for Your payment and enter a predetermined password or a code sent to You by SMS.
- Once Your payment is completed, a confirmation of Your payment being successful will be displayed. Once You click on “Ok”, You will be redirected to the confirmation page of Your booking which details the itinerary of Your journey, and the email address that the confirmation email and Ticket (if applicable) have been sent to.
3.4. Selection of Tickets
Trainline Europe takes the greatest care in the presentation and description of the search results that We display to You. However, in spite of our efforts and since the prices indicated in the search result are provided to us by the Operators, We are unable to guarantee that all of the information in our Booking Service (including timetables, real-time data and fares) will be correct.
In view of the functioning of the Operators’ pricing system process, prices may change at any time and notably between the time they are presented on the search results page and their final selection before payment. As a result, We will inform You of the time until which the fares and seats can be guaranteed after the Tickets have been selected. Please note that Deutsche Bahn and bus’ prices cannot be guaranteed and that in case of discrepancy between the price shown in Your basket and the actual price of the Ticket at the time of payment, Trainline Europe will inform You of this discrepancy immediately and will cancel the payment procedure, Your bank account will not be debited of the amount of those Tickets and Tickets will not be provided.
Trainline Europe markets the Tickets that the Operators allow it to sell online; other products may be offered but indicated as “unavailable”.
3.5. Payment methods
If You have an Account, You may choose to pay for all or some of the Tickets in Your basket. If You do not have an Account, You have to pay for all of the Tickets in Your basket but You are able to remove every ticket from Your basket easily.
The accepted payment methods are as follows:
- Bank Card (Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard or American Express);
- Voucher (as defined below);
- Apple Pay (on iOS Mobile Application only).
- Amex BTA for Trainline for Business.
The Operators iDTGV and OUIGO process payments themselves and they only accept payment by bank card (Debit Card, Visa and Mastercard) and Apple Pay.
Prices are given in euros, including all taxes.
Before being able to pay, You must confirm acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as well as all of the terms and conditions of the various Operators selling the relevant Tickets.
If payment is made by bank card, Amex BTA or by Voucher, You must click on the “Pay Now” button in order to finalise the order. The total amount to pay is shown in the button. In the case of PayPal and Apple Pay, You must click on “Pay Now with PayPal” or “Pay now with Apple Pay” and follow the instructions given in the window which then open
The payment is fully secured by the TLS 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 (SSL) protocols depending on Your browser or mobile device.
The order will only be considered final when the Customer has been sent the order acceptance confirmation by email and after the full price has been paid. Trainline Europe reserves the right to cancel or refuse any Customer orders where there is a dispute relating to the payment of a previous order.
If You decide to pay for Your Ticket using a credit or debit card which is not linked to a Euro account, You will be responsible for the exchange fees (for example, margins and commissions). Changes made to Your ticket or refunds made may also be affected by these exchange fees.
After making a successful payment, You can choose to securely register and save your credit card information to Your Account by ticking the box provided for this purpose. This enables You to avoid entering your bank details again for future bookings. You can view the list of Your registered cards as well as delete them through Your account preferences at any time.
3.6. Ticket collection
When payment has been made and after the order confirmation, Trainline Europe will provide You with information on how to obtain Your ticket. Trainline Europe undertakes to do its best to provide the Customer with the Tickets as soon as possible following payment, before your train departs and within 48 hours at the latest. In the case of Tickets issued by iDTGV and OUIGO, the Operator itself shall send the Tickets to You by email.
Moreover, if the Tickets have not been provided within the 48-hour period following the order confirmation for any other reason than force majeure or due to the Customer, the sale may be cancelled at Your written request. The amounts paid by You will then be returned within fourteen days at the latest following receipt of the written request informing us of this cancellation.
You are notified at the time of making your purchase about the format in which the selected Ticket will be transmitted to You. There are detailed instructions for printing and use of the ticket that are displayed in the Cart and/or confirmation email for each Ticket purchased. Please follow these instructions carefully. In particular, these are the following formats in use:
- E-Ticket: This ticket must be printed on an A4 paper using the PDF file sent to You by Trainline Europe or by the Operators when they send the ticket(s) directly to the Client. Unless stated otherwise in the confirmation email, E-Tickets must be printed. If it is indicated in the confirmation email, it is also possible to show the E-Ticket on a mobile smartphone. In the case of an E-Ticket being displayed on mobile, some Operators will allow the PDF Ticket to be displayed, and others require a specific mobile format called M-Ticket, which can be accessed via the Trainline Europe application or the Operator’s own application.
- The Print-at-station Ticket, also called the Electronic ticket by SNCF: this ticket must be collected at from a self-service terminal at any of the equipped stations or at a ticket office at a train station when it is open. To print the ticket, it is necessary to know and provide the booking reference and the booking name associated with the reservation (or the numbers and associated names if applicable). These items are emailed to You by Trainline Europe or by the Operators when they send the booking details directly to the Client. The non-withdrawal and non-presentation of the Ticket is equivalent to a trip without a valid ticket. Always present Yourself at the self-service machine with sufficient time in advance to print the Ticket, especially during peak travel hours. In case of a stolen, lost or forgotten Print-at-station Ticket, You must redeem and purchase a new ticket to be able to travel.
For more information on the type of Tickets issued by Operators, You are advised to refer to the terms and conditions of these Operators.
You must ensure that You have the Tickets before boarding the means of transport. If You are unable to produce a valid Ticket for the class and service used, You will be responsible for paying the corresponding amount on board as well as any fine which could be imposed upon it on this occasion.
The Tickets are non-transferable, unless explicitly specified otherwise by Trainline Europe. You must ensure that no other person is able to obtain and or/print out a copy of Your Ticket
You must have an Account to be able to use a voucher which is a credit note placed in Your basket (hereinafter referred to as “Voucher”). It is neither exchangeable, nor reimbursable, nor transferable.
3.7.1. Obtaining a Voucher
You may obtain a Voucher in exchange for the items listed below and in accordance with the conditions which apply to each item:
- Bon Voyage SNCF [SNCF Travel Voucher]
- Bon Thalys [Thalys Voucher]
- Bon Billet de train SNCF [SNCF Train Ticket Voucher]
- Bon de Réduction Voyageur SNCF [SNCF Traveller Discount Voucher]
- Bon de Caisse SNCF [SNCF Receipt Voucher]
- Bon de Compensation Fréquence SNCF [SNCF Frequency Compensation Voucher] and
- Chèque Cadeau SNCF [SNCF Gift Voucher].
The Voucher obtained has a value equal to the exchanged items. In the case of a Bon de Caisse SNCF, the Voucher obtained is valid for one year from when it is produced. In other cases, the Voucher obtained has the same expiration date as the exchanged voucher
You must send all vouchers which You wish to exchange to the head office of Trainline Europe (preferably by recorded delivery letter), indicating Your surname, first name and the email address of Your personal Account. You must attach a duly completed form to the letter which is available here (You must log in to Your account to be able to access the form). You must be the holder of the vouchers that are being sent. When the letter has been received and its validity has been confirmed, Your Account will be credited by Vouchers within 30 days.
You may also obtain a Voucher as a commercial gesture from Trainline Europe. The Voucher obtained is valid for one year from when it is produced. During promotions organised by Trainline Europe or its partners, You may receive Vouchers within the limit of one Voucher per person and per household and the expiry date may vary. Any attempts to circumvent this limit may lead to the relevant Customer’s Account being closed and Trainline Europe reserves the right to request reimbursement of the Voucher amounts unduly obtained and used.
3.7.2. Payment by Voucher
You may use one or more Vouchers to pay for Your order:
- If the amount of the Vouchers used is higher than the order amount, Trainline Europe will credit Your Account with a Voucher equal to the amount of the difference;
- If the amount of the Vouchers used is less than the order amount, You must pay the difference using a different payment method.
In the case of reimbursement of a Ticket included in an order partially or fully paid for using a Voucher, You will then receive a new Voucher valid for 90 days. The value of this Voucher may not exceed the total value of the Vouchers used at the time of the purchase. Any remainder will be reimbursed by means of the payment method used by You.
3.7.3. Compatibility of the Vouchers
The SNCF Vouchers are compatible with the following Operators: Thalys, Eurostar, Lyria and Renfe-SNCF.
Thalys Vouchers may only be used for booking a Thalys Ticket.
Please also note that the Operators iDTGV and OUIGO do not accept payment by Voucher for their orders.
Unfortunately, the relevant Operators do not always authorise Us to process cancellations and compensation/refunds for delayed or cancelled journeys and the Operator might need to be contacted directed. In the event that the Operators allow Us to cancel Tickets or issue a refund or compensation on their behalf, We shall do so. Conversely, We will provide You with the details of the Operator involved and You will have to claim directly from this company. You may find this information in the table below:
4.1. Cancellations and refunds
The Tickets are subject exclusively to the cancellation and refund conditions provided for by the various Operators for each type of ticket. We will inform You of the essential characteristics of these before You select the Tickets. For more information, We recommend that You check the terms and conditions of the relevant Operator in order to ensure that the Ticket that You are purchasing meets Your needs.
Refunds are depending on meeting the relevant Operator’s cancellation conditions that you may find in the table above for each Operator. Please note that the Operator may charge a cancellation fee. If you have any questions about changing or cancelling your tickets, please contact first our customer service department by clicking on the following link – www.trainline.eu/contact before contacting the Operators.
4.2. Compensation for delayed or cancelled journeys
If the service for which You have made a booking is cancelled or majorly disrupted, You may be able to obtain a refund or compensation. This is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective Operators. These can be viewed during the order stage and before You make a payment.
In the event that the Operators allow Us to issue a refund or compensation on their behalf, We shall do so. Conversely, We will provide You with the details of the Operator involved and You will have to claim directly from this company.
The transport services in respect of Tickets purchased through the Booking Service are provided to You by the Operators. Terms and conditions imposed by the relevant Operator will apply to all transport services which are provided to You in accordance with the Tickets that You have booked through the Booking Service. We advise You to read these terms and conditions carefully before booking Your Tickets.
duly note that You will be financially liable for all bookings made through the Booking Service from Your Account as well as all reasonable and foreseeable losses suffered by Trainline Europe owing to a breach of the Terms and Conditions by You or Your negligence when using the Booking Service (including when You have deliberately or negligently allowed other persons to use Your Account).
Trainline only acts as an official agent on behalf of the operators listed under clause 2. Trainline does not provide the transportation services and is only responsible for the provision of the Booking Service.
5. Right of withdrawal
You are informed that under customer legislation, Tickets are not subject to the application of the right of withdrawal.
The Website and Mobile Applications contain links to other websites and third party applications. The linked websites and applications are not controlled by Trainline Europe and Trainline Europe is not liable for the content of these linked websites and applications. Trainline Europe provides these links for convenience and a link does not imply that Trainline Europe suggests or recommends the linked website in question, nor that Trainline Europe is affiliated with it.
7. Applicable law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by French law without prejudice to the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the consumer is domiciled.
All disputes which could arise from these Terms and Conditions concerning their validity, interpretation, execution, cancellation, consequences and results must be communicated beforehand to Trainline Europe in order to reach a mutual agreement. Disputes which cannot be resolved in this way will be referred to the courts with jurisdiction under the conditions of ordinary law.
You are informed that You can in any case resort to conventional mediation, notably with the mediator for travel and tourism:
Mr Jean-Pierre Teyssier.
MTV Médiation Tourisme Voyage – P.O. Box 80 303
75 823 Paris Cedex 17
It is expressly agreed that data contained in Trainline Europe’s system can be used as proof with regards to orders, requests and any other factor relating to the use of the Website and Mobile Applications. Such data may be validly produced, notably in legal proceedings, as a means of proof in the same way as any written document.
11. Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
You acknowledge that You have received these Terms and Conditions in a legible and comprehensible way prior to the execution of the order
Making an order on the Website or through Mobile Applications entails full and entire compliance with and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and an obligation to pay for the Tickets ordered, which is expressly acknowledged by the Customer.
Since these may be subject to modification at a later date, the version which applies at the time of Your purchase is the one in force on the Website on the date on which the order is executed. We request that You accept the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions at the time of Your booking. If You do not agree with the changes that We make to these Terms and Conditions, You must stop using the Booking Service, Website and Mobile Applications.
12. Trainline for Business
Trainline Europe offers a service known as Trainline for Business, exclusively aimed at professionals (hereinafter referred to as “the Professionals”).
These General Terms and Conditions apply to the Trainline for Business service with the exception of the specific provisions set out below. If these are inconsistent with the General Terms and Conditions, the specific provisions will prevail in such case.
In order to be able to use Trainline for Business, the Professional must set up a Professional Account, providing the name of his/her company and other information in the dedicated area of the Website (hereinafter referred to as “the Organisation”). The Professional may then invite his/her colleagues to use Trainline for Business.
Trainline Europe offers two types of subscription:
- Free subscription with reduced features (hereinafter referred to as “Free Subscription”).
- Paid subscription with numerous features. The price before tax is €5 per Active Passenger, per month (hereinafter referred to as “Premium Subscription”). An Active Passenger is the holder of a Ticket purchased via the Professional Account.
The Organisation signs up for the Free Subscription automatically. It may then decide at any time to sign up for the Premium Subscription which will then be invoiced for each Active Passenger on a prorata temporis basis.
Please note that we may share Your personal information with Your employer or Your employer’s travel agency if You purchase a Ticket using the Trainline for Business service.
Trainline Europe reserves the right to offer different subscriptions to the Organisations of its choice.
The following functions are available:
|Rights||External Guest||Passenger||Travel Assistant||Travel Manager||Supervisor|
|Book own ticket||–||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Book a ticket for several persons||–||–||✓||✓||✓|
|Pay for a ticket for several persons||–||–||–||✓||✓|
|Validate a purchase request||–||–||–||–||✓|
Only the External Guest and Travel Manager functions are available in the free version.
Administrators may add new users, access invoices and change the settings for the Organisation. This function is completely separate from travel management. This means that an Administrator may also be a Passenger, a Travel Assistant, a Travel Manager or a Supervisor. Organisations are liable for the actions of their Administrators. If an Organisation requests a change of Administrator, the Organisation is fully liable for this change.
12.2 Free Subscription
Free subscription allows access to the following features:
- Centralised management of Active Passengers by one or more Administrators;
- Two functions available for all users: Travel Manager and External Guest;
- Invoicing summary;
- FCE contract reduction where applicable.
12.3 Premium Subscription
Once You have signed up, the Premium Subscription allows You to purchase Tickets on behalf of the Active Passenger without any additional costs for the entire subscription period. The subscription period begins on the date of the first booking made on behalf of a colleague, who will then become an Active Passenger.
The Premium Subscription allows access to the following features:
- All of the features of the free version as well as three additional functions: Passenger, Travel Assistant and Supervisor;
- Centralised access to statistics;
- Possibility to put in place a centralised payment method (shared or central settlement account).
On the first day of each month, the Organisation must pay the subscription of each Active Passenger newly activated during the previous month. In the event of a delay in payment amounting to more than 15 days, Trainline Europe may suspend all access by the customer to the Trainline for Business service.
Trainline Europe will be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable direct costs that the Professionals may incur which are caused as a result of a breach of these terms up to a limit of the value of the relevant ticket(s) purchased by the Professional. Trainline Europe will in no circumstances pay or be responsible for any indirect loss.
12.5 Termination of service
The Organisation may choose to stop using the Trainline for Business service whenever it wishes by contacting Trainline Europe by e-mail.
After the service has been terminated, it will no longer be possible to activate a new Passenger. Only Passengers which are already Active may continue to use the service until the departure of their train and only the features provided by the free version will be available in this case.
Trainline Europe may also terminate the service after providing the Organisation with one (1) month’s notice. In the event of force majeure or non-compliance by the Organisation with these General Terms and Conditions, Trainline Europe may terminate the service immediately.
Trainline Europe will not reimburse amounts paid for any Subscriptions in place at the time of termination of the service.
The use of the Trainline for Business service is subject to French law and only the French language version of these General Terms and Conditions will be binding on the Parties.
There must be a prior attempt to resolve any disputes arising from the use of the Trainline for Business service via mediation between Trainline Europe and the Organisation. Any disputes which cannot be resolved in this manner will be referred to the Commercial Court of Paris.
13. Use of the website and mobile application
We authorise You to download, install and use the Mobile Applications on Your mobile phone in order to access the Booking Service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Mobile Applications must be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
13.1. Your use
All costs for accessing the Booking Service (for example, internet access fees or fees linked to mobile data) must be borne by the User. Even though We have tried to cover a multitude of mobile phones, our Mobile Application will not work on all phones. The list of compatible phones is available prior to download.
We take steps to ensure that the Website and Mobile Applications do not contain computer viruses and other malicious programs. However, owing to the nature of the networks, We are unable to make a commitment in this respect and advise You to protect yourself against all computer viruses or other malicious programs which could be transmitted to Your computer after You have used the Website or a third party website, or which may be transmitted to Your phone after You have used the Website and Mobile Applications. We are unable to guarantee the availability of the Website and Mobile Application, notably in the event of force majeure or third party failure. Your agree that We may take the Website, Mobile Applications or Booking Service offline if We deem this to be necessary for maintenance purposes.
We regularly update the Mobile Applications and We recommend that You download and install all of the published updates as We are unable to make a commitment with regard to the correction of errors in earlier versions of the Mobile Applications.
13.2. Intellectual property
Access to the Website and Mobile Applications does not grant You any intellectual property rights relating to the Website and Mobile Applications other than a right to use them in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You may not under any circumstances reproduce, represent, modify, transmit, publish, adapt, on any medium whatsoever, by any means whatsoever, or use in any way whatsoever, all or part of the Website and Mobile Applications without the prior written consent of Trainline Europe or the companies in its group. Any use of these which does not have the prior consent of Trainline Europe, in any way whatsoever, of all or part of the Website and Mobile Applications may be subject to any appropriate action, notably an infringement action.
The use of any automated system or software in order to extract information from the Website or Mobile Applications (including scraping and direct access to the API) is forbidden without the prior written consent of Trainline Europe.