We have a simple yet ambitious goal; to sell train tickets in the easiest way possible for all European destinations. Booking a train should be just as simple as hopping on a train.
Captain Train (now called Trainline) was founded by 3 engineers obsessed with simplicity. Our organisational structure is very simple and linear: those who make product decisions are the same ones who build them. We are a young and small start-up (60 people) and we are growing very quickly. Your work will have a direct and visible impact on the growth of our company.
Back in March 2016, we said hello to Trainline and teamed up with them to build the best online train ticket platform in Europe. Captain Train is now part of the Trainline Group and our team and our mission remain the same: we’re here to make train travel easier and smarter for people in the UK, France and the whole of Europe.
Our beautiful office is located in the heart of Paris (métro Le Peletier or Notre-Dame-de-Lorette) in the French Silicon Valley. We’re surrounded by bars, restaurants, theatres, startups and are near the four main Parisian train stations.
We offer a great package to all our employees including:
- a competitive fixed and variable salary,
- an awesome health coverage plan,
- paid public transport,
- meal vouchers,
- unlimited fruit, coffee and tea.
What do you want to work on?
Hipster-organic-pixel-UI crafting is not really your thing. What you like to do is handle big data issues and to get your hands dirty. You are production-oriented. You are extremely reliable and your tests will prove it every time. You won’t even raise an eyebrow when refactoring legacy code or mocking dusty SOAP services. Last week hacker-news-yd-cool-kid-technology makes you smile, because you don’t buy their marketing. You want the source code, you want sustainability and you want facts.
If this sounds like you, we have a job for you.
We need you to help us connect our search and book engine (built in Ruby) to as many reservation systems as possible. So if you’ve ever wanted to buy a train ticket from Helsinki to Lisbon, it’ll soon be possible. Why? Because you’re going to make it happen and it’s going to be awesome.
You will handle technical relationships with the different train carriers and make their engineers happy to be working with you. You will face a lot of challenges: exhaustiveness and quality of results, optimising fares, particularities of each career, speed, scalability; whilst always keeping simplicity in mind.
Everyone has their own personal experiences with trains and our customers love to share them with us; you’ll receive a lot of feedback and you’ll help real people to solve their real problems.
- Perfect spelling and grammar (in your mother tongue),
- Decent written and spoken English,
- Self-organized and ability to prioritize tasks effectively,
- Experience with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, continuous integration, design documentation…),
- Background in HTTP, distributed systems, and service-oriented architectures,
- Integration experience with third party suppliers and systems,
- Innovative and pragmatic, strong problem solving skills; ability to find solutions to problems and to quickly assess the state-of-the-art,
- Love shipping software fast and frequently.
- Experience with Ruby, RabbitMQ,
- Understanding of SLA’s, policies, procedures,
- Experience with design of APIs,
- Knowledge of SQL/DB usage and performance.
We don’t look so much at résumés, just put a LinkedIn link in your email. Focus on describing your projects, your experiences and what you would like to bring to the team. GitHub and Twitter usernames are really useful to us.